Re: New package license review proposal

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 7:34 PM, Tom "spot" Callaway
<tcallawa@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 01/16/2010 05:55 PM, Luis Villa wrote:
>> Something like fossology seems like it would save everyone involved a
>> ton of time and pain; frankly, potentially enough that it would remove
>> most of the objections Jason has highlighted.
>
> Well, until I'm confident that fossology is thorough and accurate
> enough, I don't want to jump to conclusions.

I've played with it some and been fairly impressed; it is inevitably
imperfect (like any software) but so are human reviewers. That said,
it might just be too much work to implement- it did not strike me as
easy to setup or install, and if there aren't already
automated/tool-assisted steps in the review process (I don't know) it
might be a pain to integrate into the workflow.

I know lack of reviewers is already a serious bottleneck in the
process; would having a separate cadre of license reviewers mean more
delays?

Luis