Re: FDClone license

Hello:

Tom "spot" Callaway wrote, at 10/24/2009 01:26 AM +9:00:
On 10/22/2009 05:32 PM, Mamoru Tasaka wrote:

So I tried to translate the Japanese FDclone license into English
by myself. I hope that my translation will be more readable.

http://mtasaka.fedorapeople.org/Review_request/FDclone/LICENSE.en.retranslated.txt

It is more readable, but unfortunately, it is still not clear to me
whether that license is acceptable or not.

Can you ask the license author the following questions?

* When Fedora redistributes code (binary or source) under the FDClone
license (secondary (or more) distribution or circulation), is it a
requirement that Fedora _must_ follow the steps in section 9 (Procedure
for Circulation Registration)? Or is it optional?

No, this is just an option. The author (license) says that the author won't take
any responsibility if no registration is made, however registration
itself is optional.

Regards,
Mamoru