Re: Important information regarding the merger of core and extras, and what this means to Legacy

Quoting Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx>:

On Wed, Nov 15, 2006 at 11:15:51AM -0600, Eric Rostetter wrote:
My problem has always been I work in University settings where updates only
happen during breaks (Spring break, Summer break, or Winter break).  On the

Same here -- except I'm not sure I can rely on people to update during the
spring and especially winter breaks, or that the 13th month hits the summer
break in a convenient way.

I don't have to "rely on people to update during the spring and especially
winter breaks" since I'm the only one who does the upgrades, and I can
usually depend on myself. ;)

Of course, this doesn't scale well...  Fortunately I only have 80 machines
to worry about, so it is no big deal.  If I had to do this in such a short
time period with say 200+ machines, then we'd have a problem...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Go Longhorns!