Re: Important information regarding the merger of core and extras, and what this means to Legacy

On Tuesday 14 November 2006 23:06, Eric Rostetter wrote:
> First I would like to say to those who say Fedora Legacy has failed, that
> it _did_ work (i.e. didn't fail) for the most critical time period and the
> most critical OS version (RHL 7-9, FC1).  If it has failed, or is failing,
> it must not be forgotten that before it failed it worked exceedingly well.

YES!  I forgot to mention this in my blog, but when we were doing the RHL
updates, there was a LOT of interest and a lot of community participation,
and the project worked pretty darn well.  I think it became evident by the
dramatic drop in participation that there just wasn't the interest we thought
there would be in long term Fedora releases.  This is why I think its OK in
slightly extending the 'official' lifespan and bringing Legacy in to help
with that aspect.

Thank you for your feedback Eric, you've forever kept us honest!  (:

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora