Re: You Need Fedora Legacy!! Re: [fab] looking at our surrent state a bit

On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 08:21:26AM -0600, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Wave our magic Fedora wand to produce more (active) community contributors?
> OK, lemme see, now where did I leave that darn thing...

Well, to be honest, a little bit, yeah. There just hasn't been good
infrastructure in place for contributors. The current/previous process had a
very high learning curve, and all manner of quirks. It would have been great
if more community people could have stepped in to help with this. In fact, I
offered to do some specific things back when I actually had spare time, but
wasn't able to get it these things coordinated to actually happen. These
infrastructure things would work better with "insider" support. And only if
the infrastructure is there do active community contributors have a chance.

Additionally, the project simply needs at least one person who manages the
project as a full-time job.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx          <http://mattdm.org/>