Re: What we're forgetting . . .

> David Eisenstein wrote:
> > As we continue to talk over where Fedora Legacy is going, and what distro's
> > should or shouldn't be maintained by us, it occurs to me that we are
> > forgetting some important things ....
> >
> >    *  How many contributors do we have now that get the work of Fedora
> >       Legacy done, and how many of those will still be around when we make
> >       any changes to the distros we maintain?
> >
> >    *  How many new contributors might we get onboard when we make (or
> >       perhaps decide not to make some) distro changes to do the work of
> >       Fedora Legacy?  Will such new people be experienced in submitting
> >       patches, rolling packages, or will there need to be a ramp-up time?
> >
> >    *  Will the proposed infrastructure changes make it easier to be a
> >       contributor to the Legacy project?
> >
> >    *  Do we need more contributors involved to help us continue to get
> >       our work done?  If so, how do we go about getting them?
> >
> > In short, "How can we plan for Legacy's continued vitality and usefulness?"
> >
> > Jesse Keating and I have done some collaboration on a starter document in
> > Fedora Legacy's wiki looking at some questions like these, with some
> > proposed answers at  <http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legacy/Status>.  The
> > document discusses (1) What (resources) do we have?  (2)  What do we need?,
> > and (3) Where are we going?
>
> As an "occasional 'verify' QA tester for FC1, my interest and
> involvement with FL stops at the moment FC1 is dropped.  I am, in
> fact, testing my migration options right now for the one remote box
> on which I
> (grudgingly) accepted FC1 (it seemed a lesser-of-evils choice at the
> time).
>
> Tres.

For my case, I have one FC1, one FC2 and one FC3 (firewall) left. I've
migrated everything else to a RHEL derivative. The FC1 will be rebuilt soon,
the FC2 decommissioned after that and the FC3 already has it's replacement
server, I just need time to "flick the switch".

Although I like and highly respect the communities (both Fedora and FL) I find
these days I have little time to contribute and "play" with distributions -
life gets in the way :P - so my involvement with both Fedora and FL will cease
when I've migrated those last 3 machines and I'll unlist myself from the
mailing lists.

Michael.

--

fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx