What we're forgetting . . .

As we continue to talk over where Fedora Legacy is going, and what distro's
should or shouldn't be maintained by us, it occurs to me that we are
forgetting some important things ....

   *  How many contributors do we have now that get the work of Fedora
      Legacy done, and how many of those will still be around when we make
      any changes to the distros we maintain?

   *  How many new contributors might we get onboard when we make (or
      perhaps decide not to make some) distro changes to do the work of
      Fedora Legacy?  Will such new people be experienced in submitting
      patches, rolling packages, or will there need to be a ramp-up time?

   *  Will the proposed infrastructure changes make it easier to be a
      contributor to the Legacy project?

   *  Do we need more contributors involved to help us continue to get
      our work done?  If so, how do we go about getting them?

In short, "How can we plan for Legacy's continued vitality and usefulness?"

Jesse Keating and I have done some collaboration on a starter document in
Fedora Legacy's wiki looking at some questions like these, with some
proposed answers at  <http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legacy/Status>.  The
document discusses (1) What (resources) do we have?  (2)  What do we need?,
and (3) Where are we going?

Feel free to get on the wiki and make changes if we've missed something.

Comments/flames/feedback most welcome.

	Regards,
	David Eisenstein

--