Re: New sendmail and missing /usr/lib/sendmail

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 13:43 -0500, James Kosin wrote:
Sounds like something didn't get built correctly. Was this a new release of sendmail or a patch? I believe my packages needed (or at least I let them build a -cf package) at one point. My version has been working for some time with no problems with man or other changes.

Did the SPEC file change significantly?

The patches supplied by Sendmail did not apply to older releases, so all
releases had to be updated to 8.12.11.  RHEL set a precedent on this
when they updated the version on RHEL2.1.  The spec did change in many
ways, and unfortunately I didn't catch the significance of the changes
w/regard to alternatives.

These issues should be resolved in the newer packages in
updates-testing.

Thanks,

Glad to here you got it straighted out.
I do have the original spec file for FC1 modified to work with 8.13.5 some time back... Of course, I added a patch now for the latest updates, got back and saw all the commotion about sendmail, which I use significantly. And didn't see any of the reported problems with my system. I just wanted to be sure I couldn't be of some help now that I'm back.

James
--
Scanned by ClamAV - http://www.clamav.net

--