priorization and rhl73 server-only help [Re: changes are needed, we need keep moving]

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005, Eric Rostetter wrote:
Quoting Jim Popovitch <jimpop@xxxxxxxxx>:

A LOT of that is because there are a LOT of packages waiting for testing
that people just plainly don't have interest in.  Looking at

The older the OS release, the more problem that will be, indeed.

http://www.netcore.fi/pekkas/buglist-rhl73.html, I see 95% of cruft that
makes it difficult to focus on the 4 or 5% that I care about.  Do we
really need to be releasing a mozilla for rh73?
[...]

If we could agree to some criteria, we could classify some bugs as "normal or high" severity and only be biggest ones "security". The latter show in the buglist in red, the former in black. Maybe that would help in identifying the most important updates.

Here's my predicament: I can test RH73 packages used in a "locked-down"
server environment.  So, what do I need to test?

Good question.  I don't have an answer right now.  I still have several
7.3 machines, server and desktop, but I'm slowly upgrading them to
Centos 3/4, so I don't know how long I'll be able to help.

Looking at:
http://www.netcore.fi/pekkas/buglist-rhl73.html

"All -rhl73 packages lacking VERIFY", we have for example,

krb5, dhcp, [squid?], lvm, postgres, ethereal (and some others). Some of these are probably installed on a server system. I think at least krb5 and dhcp are in the default server installation.

Under "All -rhl73 packages lacking PUBLISH (but excluding NEEDSWORK)", we have for example 'telnet' which is probably included in server systems as well.

fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx