Re: Updates Politics Proposal

Matthew Miller wrote:

On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 04:01:00PM -0500, Eric Rostetter wrote:

But it is an unfounded frustration, as your understanding of the policy is
incorrect.

To be fair, it's basically what I've been pretty regularly saying the policy is. So some of the blame there rests with me. As I see it, open the door to "critical" non-security bugs is a problem, because it puts us in the situation of having to decide what's critical and what's not -- a more subjective determination than "is this a security flaw".

Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread. As a result, Fedora Legacy policy is increasingly clear. (It is also clear that my use of fedora core 2 and participation in Fedora Legacy will likely be relatively short lived. )

Before gravitating elsewhere, though, I will offer an opinion. Unless there is a restrictive covenent in Red Hat's support of Fedora Legacy that limits updates to "security" and "trivial" patches, there is reason to consider broadening "updates policy" somewhat beyond security only. Fedora Legacy updates policy and willingness of the community to support Fedora Legacy are not independent of one another. However the issue is resolved I wish the group well.

--

fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx