Re: fedora-legacy-list Digest, Vol 3, Issue 24

At 03:23 PM 5/20/2004, Marc Deslauriers wrote:
Unstable release?

I know a _bunch_ of people running FC1 on servers depending on FL to get
patches out when RH stops.

Blame Red Hat marketing. I think they're deathly afraid people will keep using Fedora Core the same way they were using the free RHL. Hence, the warnings about FC stability, in hopes that people will move to RHEL instead. Of course, what's happened instead is a mass (or at least noisy) exodus to SuSE and Debian, with a lot of people moving to Fedora Core anyway and others moving to RHEL clones like cAos, Whitebox, etc.

"It will eat your braaane!"

Kelson Vibber

fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx