Re: Fixed Kernel?

Quoting Warren Togami <warren@xxxxxxxxxx>:

Note that just "running" a kernel usually wont expose less obvious
problems.  You folks testing the update-testing kernel should run stress
tests that cause CPU/disk/RAM to be heavily saturated.  If it swaps
heavily that is a good test.

Ah, true, but in my case my users do that for me (numerical code running, mathematica, maple, web browsers, etc. Usually running about 10-15 people on the machine, with loads often going up to 8 to 10 range).

bonnie++ is a good test for disk I/O and filesystem stability.

True. Since we're releasing security patches though, one thing that would be great is if anyone could test the exploits of the kernel bug to make sure the security problem is actually fixed...

Warren

-- Eric Rostetter