Re: Proposal: Optional libsafe add-on?

Warren Togami wrote, On 1/21/2004 9:53 AM:

One thing to note: Warren, you mention that you would like to keep libsafe as a manual upgrade. I would prefer to see it in it's own channel in case we do need to upgrade it.

Is the RPM mentioned in the libsafe bug report the one to check out?

Oh good idea, maybe apt/yum repository on www.fedoralegacy.org itself ONLY for libsafe.

That sounds good, but I could also see us using the same repository for other RPMs which fall into the same boat as libsafe. It is probably safer to keep it separate. I wish that yum had the same capabilities as apt does when it comes to only using a repository for specific packages. [1]

Yes please look at the bugzilla report. Only clean text replace for removal is necessary to publish that.

Sorry if I'm being dense, but what does "Only clean text replace for removal" mean?

-Dave

[1] For example, on some Debian machines I run, I have the following line in my apt sources.list
deb http://www.backports.org/debian stable smartmontools
This allows me to grab smartmontools from the backports.org without grabbing the whole repository.