Re: Proposal: Optional libsafe add-on?

Warren Togami wrote, On 1/21/2004 8:36 AM:

My earlier post suggested a very short list of extremely simple, yet useful add-ons for typical servers for the legacy-utils repository. legacy-utils add-on packages are only by consensus and can easily be shot down. This is the list of add-ons that I am proposing:

bonnie++        Very useful stability test for servers
chkrootkit      Security checking for servers
ddrescue        Data recovery for servers
hardlink        Space consolidation for mirror servers
iptstate        Very simple Netfilter stateful top *

I feel that these utilities would be useful to have in the legacy-utils repository.

-Dave