Re: web site ammendments for yum

Eric Rostetter wrote:

Quoting Raphael Clifford <raphael@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

b) The sentence "After installing apt or yum, please see the mirror list
<http://www.fedoralegacy.org/download/mirrors.php> and choose the
closest and fastest mirror for your location." has a link to a page that
does not mention yum at all. It is not clear to a non-expert what to do
in this situation.

We're still waiting for mirrors. Until there is an official list of mirrors, that page is kind of pointless... I assumed the list of mirrors would be available in a day or two after that page went up, so I linked it in. But so far no mirror list has been provided...

The page is there mostly because it provides info on how to get apt mirrors
in.  I would love for it to also provide info on yum mirrors, but no one
has contributed any such info.  I'll try to put something out there about
our yum coming preconfigured, etc. and a pointer to the documentation page,
but I'm not yet sure how this will all work out in the end.

Not wanting to rush anyone, but wasn't there many responses to the call to send mirror info to mirrors@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ? I know I send our mirror info, which should work for both apt and yum. But this sounds like it's going to be a while before the page goes up. If people are busy, that's understandable, or was there some other problem?
Troy

Troy Dawson  dawson@xxxxxxxx  (630)840-6468