Re: FedoraLiveWorkstation on external hard disk

On 03/01/2016 08:15 AM, Andreas Assmann wrote:
FedoraLiveWorkstation on external hard disk

Additionally to my laptop (Win7 and Win10 in dual boot mode; UEFI and
GPT-partitions) I should like to setup Fedora on an external hard disk.

But whatever I try, the setup routine always recognizes only the
internal hard disk with Windows 7/10 and it never recognizes the
external hard disk.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for your help

Hi Andreas!

It's been a while since I've toyed with Windows, but I usually remember this being an issue with secure boot and/or fast boot in the UEFI settings. However, it sounds like you already do have some experience working with dual booting, or at least with Windows partitions?

Since this isn't an issue *exclusively* to laptops, I might try hitting users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for some help too, they may be able to offer some better pointers for you about how to troubleshoot this.

Hope this helps!

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory