FedoraLiveWorkstation on external hard disk

FedoraLiveWorkstation on external hard disk

Additionally to my laptop (Win7 and Win10 in dual boot mode; UEFI and GPT-partitions) I should like to setup Fedora on an external hard disk.

But whatever I try, the setup routine always recognizes only the internal hard disk with Windows 7/10 and it never recognizes the external hard disk.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for your help