Re: extremely slow copy speed (50k/s)

>> He is the line of my /etc/fstab file which defines my backup disk, with
>> the label common
>>
>> LABEL=common      Â/home/vinicius/Desktop/common Ântfs
>> auto,user,sync Â0 0

Part of your performance problem is definitely mounting with the
'sync' command.  This option basically removes any write caching that
is done by the kernel and forces lots of extra "writes" to the disk.

you should also run `iostat 5 10` while doing the copy this will give
you a snapshot of the number and size of the reads and writes down to
the IO subsystem.

Also, how are your disks connected, PATA, SATA, ESATA, USB 1.1/2.0?
All this could give different reasons why you are seeing problems.

That should get you started.

Jon