Re: Rawhide non-debug kernel is debug-kernel config ?

Understood; app streams would enable this as you can tag versions and
collections of packages so would be easy to have a default of say the
nodebug module of the kernel be the default appstream in rawhide and also
provide a nodebug variant as a appstream module.

Likewise for headers/tools etc.

This would also make it easier to provide rawhide kernels in stable ; I
guess in my view the appstream/modules is the 'right' way to do the kernel
as it would solve for most of the existing usecases within an existing
capability of package management.

Historically the pushback seems to have been 'but we already have a
weird way of doing the kernel' likewise for glibc and python. This seems
like a bit of a weird argument.