Re: kernel-ark | Pipeline #145379201 has failed for osnamechange | 1b1d4554 in !354

On 5/13/20 11:54 AM, Don Zickus wrote:
> On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 10:21:31AM -0500, Justin Forbes wrote:

>>> Thanks.  That's what I was looking for.

>>> Heh :)  Of course it's my fault :) :)
>>>
>>> How about these steps?
>>>
>>> 1) I patch to add the dist-* targets and keep the old rh-* targets temporarily.
>>> This patch will be messy unless someone has some  Makefile-fu.
>>> 2) I modify the kernel-ark-ci scripts to use the dist-* targets.
>>> 3) I patch to remove the old rh-* targets which will result in an overall clean
>>> patch.
>
> That was the approach I was thinking of too.
>

>>> Would that work for everyone?
>>>
>> This seems unnecessarily messy. Why not modify the CI scripts to check
>> both and as long as at least one of them passes, CI passes?

Yup I can do it that way too.

> That is another way.  But is there any value to leaving the rh- stuff in the
> scripts?  Unless we want to preserve legacy like rhel-7/8.

I've been wondering the same thing.  I think moving forward is the best approach
here.

I'll modify the CI scripts to do the right thing, then submit an updated patch
(jcline's documentation patches were merged and also now need updating).

P.