Re: Kernel bug triage redux.

Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> ok, finally having time to work on this some more... :)
>
> It doesn't seem that at this time there is much we can do with
> bugzilla.redhat.com to help with the reporter end. Fedora packages sync
> from pkgdb out and we can't easily add subsystems without making some
> kind of seperate list for kernel. So, I think at least for now, we are
> stuck trying to triage the bugs after they are submitted unless
> someone can come up with some way we can beat our infrastructure to our
> wishes.
>
> I did some more cleanup on
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/KernelBugTriage
>
> Some more questions moving forward:
>
> - Can someone check the table there and update it? For example, for
>   video hardware, do we want to reassign? or just cc those folks? Do
>   they want their real addresses there, or just add 'xgl-maint'. Other
>   places I am sure are wrong, like PATA. Are their other known
>   subsystem maintainers?
>
> - We need a way to mark bugs by subsystem. I think our choices are:
> whiteboard, or blocker bugs. Is there a preference? We should add the
> bugs or whiteboard keywords to the subsystem table there. We can also
> point people to those for filing new bugs as well.

So there'd be a filesystem bug, and new filesystem bugs would be listed
as blockers for that bug?  I -think- that method would give anyone cc'd
on the top bug notifications automagically right?  Whereas a whiteboard
will require someone to actually go search?  If I've got that all right
then the blocker idea makes most sense to me.

-Eric