Re: F34 - what happened to Switch User?

On 03/05/2021 06:00, Neal Gompa wrote:
On Mon, May 3, 2021 at 7:48 AM Temlakos <temlakos@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Everyone:

Last week I did my usual command-line upgrade, from F33 to F34.

Most things still work, and some (like the KDE clipboard) work better.

But of course the Applications menu changed radically. It took time for
me to find the new places for things, and one thing I never found:

Switch User.

I now find it impossible to start a new session with another registered
user. Now the only way to use a secondary user account is to log out,
then log in as the secondary. And do the same in reverse when I'm done.

The biggest reason I abandoned GNOME, years ago, was that GNOME did not
provide, in its Graphical User Interface, a convenient way to switch
users, and have two users logged on at once. KDE did.

Until now.

It used to be on a menu called "Leave." Along with options labeled "Log
off", "Sleep," "Hibernate," "Restart," and "Shut Down."

Today all those options, other than "Switch User," appear at the bottom
of the applications menu screen. Which is mighty convenient for those
other options, but not for Switch User, which is gone.

What am I missing? If Switch User is still there, where did it go?

Fast user switching has been increasingly broken over the past few
Fedora releases, and during Fedora Linux 34 development, it reached a
point where it caused a nearly unfixable release blocking bug
(rhbz#1929643). We have temporarily disabled the feature by default
until upstream has resolved the issue.

If you wish to enable it again (at your own risk!), you may do so by
adding the following to "~/.config/kdeglobals":

[KDE Action Restrictions]
action/start_new_session=true
action/switch_user=true

I guess until this is fully fixed, I won't be upgrading. Switching user is a requirement for me.

Robin