Fedora 34 - plasma/wayland - konsole problems

Hello,

I updated my laptop from Fedora 33 to Fedora 34 at the weekend. Generally no
problems, and using plasma/wayland was not too bad. Sound seems to work fine
with pipewire - tested with Zoom, Teams and Amarok.

I found that the KDE 'saved sessions' wasn't working, but I gather that is
being worked on.

However, I have noticed some things with 'Konsole' which I cannot seem to
resolve. The below issues all work fine using plasma/X11 (under F33 and F34).
The issues are:

1) Konsole seems to have a thick black 'frame' around each window. This occurs
when using my laptop with the docking station, but oddly does not occur when
using the laptop as-is. I did find 'Konsole configuration -> Process and window
- Remove window titlebar and frame'. This removes the black frame, but also
removes the titlebar which I do not want to do.

2) In the 'System settings -> Window management -> Window behaviour -> Titlebar
actions (tab)' I have set the 'Maximise Button Actions' so that a middle click
will vertically maximise, and a right click will horizontally maximise the
window. Now, this works fine with firefox and (gnome) evolution, but does
nothing with Konsole. A shame as I use these two options quite a bit. Again, it
works under Plasma/X11.

3) Any idea how to set mouse buttons with wayland? When using my laptop with
the docking station, I have a (2 button) Logitech MX mouse. With plasma/X11 I
set the mouse buttons using the 'xmodmap -e pointer...' command. The mouse
settings allow me to use the centre mouse wheel for copy/paste functions -
again, used a lot with Konsole. I have installed xmodmap as it seems to be a
separate package, but under wayland it doesn't seem to do anything
(understandable I suppose since it isn't X11!).

Anyone any ideas about the above? I will carry on looking to see if I can find
anything else out to try and resolve these (I'm currently cooking tea, so it's
a bit intermittent at the moment!), but I suspect I may have to report some of
them just so that the problems are recorded/known.

Thanks,

John.

--
John Horne | Senior Operations Analyst | Technology and Information Services
University of Plymouth | Drake Circus | Plymouth | Devon | PL4 8AA | UK

This email and any files with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the recipient to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient then copying, distribution or other use of the information contained is strictly prohibited and you should not rely on it. If you have received this email in error please let the sender know immediately and delete it from your system(s). Internet emails are not necessarily secure. While we take every care, University of Plymouth accepts no responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan emails and their attachments. University of Plymouth does not accept responsibility for any changes made after it was sent. Nothing in this email or its attachments constitutes an order for goods or services unless accompanied by an official order form.