Re: KDE and GDM

> KDE Plasma is designed to work with many login managers (including, but not
> limited to, GDM) and hence includes its own user switching dialog that is
> not tied to a particular login manager. (And what you are seeing is not the

I think what you say is true and it is a demonstration why KDE Plasma does *not* play well with other login managers.
Why should it include its own switching dialog when there is already a login manager running above it?
It looks to me just defensive programming as in the past some cases some login managers do not work and we write our own just in case.

GNOME Desktop delegates all login and switching to THE login manager.

Anyway, I've tried to use KDE and SDDM together, not just KDE and GDM and I had to press the reset button twice in 5 minutes (plus one last week when I started this thread).

Unfortunately for multi login, GDM is the only viable solution and nothing I have seen in F31 makes me change my mind.

Regards