Re: Are you able to mount your Android devices in the Dolphin?

On 6 July 2018 at 13:08, Ed Greshko <ed.greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 07/06/18 19:47, Ian Malone wrote:
>> On 6 July 2018 at 08:02, Ed Greshko <ed.greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> So, the problem seems to be KDE specific and not libmtp.
>>>
>>> I am using Android 8, I think that is Oreo, and KDE connect works just fine for me.
>>> But thanks for the link.
>>>

>> FWIW: I've got a device with Oreo (XZ1 Compact), and had problems
>> transferring over USB using KDE, Dolphin and virtual filesystems.
>> Here's what I found works:
>>
>> Connect phone.
>>
>> Choose transfer files option on phone (it should present you the USB
>> mode menu as an overlay, if not, pick it from the notifications)
>>
>> Ignore the notification and option to open device there. (Basically,
>> KDE's communication seems to confuse things and cause the
>> charge/transfer files option to reset.)
>>
>> Open Dolphin and select the device, you should see device storage and
>> SD card if there is one. Check that transfer files is still selected
>> on the phone.
>>
>> To copy files, open the source/destination directory as another tab in
>> Dolphin (right click on the location in the left panel and open as new
>> tab, then navigate to the desired location). Copying between windows
>> fails for some reason, but between tabs seems to work for me. If
>> you've got the destination directory open in one tab, then from the
>> other tab drag your files/directories to copy to the other tab's name
>> at the top and drop onto that.
>>

> Oh, I can get to the point where I see the "device storage" and "SD Card" and I can
> get a list of folders on them.  But as soon as I go to open a folder the dolphin
> window goes blank and at the top of the window in red it says "mtp protocol died
> unexpectedly".

One thing I've found this week is that if I've got Amarok open then I
have "mtp protocol died unexpectedly" errors. It does seem that
somehow under KDE multiple things can try connecting to the device and
this causes the connection to drop or reset. I've got the following
installed:

libmtp-1.1.14-1.fc27.x86_64
kf5-ksmtp-17.12.3-1.fc27.x86_64
kio_mtp-0.75-16.20141221gitc418634.fc27.x86_64

And am able to use the instructions above provided I use one dolphin
window, ignore the notifications pop-up when connecting the device and
check the transfer files mode is selected on the device. The whole
thing does feel a bit rickety.

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk