Re: Are you able to mount your Android devices in the Dolphin?

On 07/06/18 19:47, Ian Malone wrote:
> On 6 July 2018 at 08:02, Ed Greshko <ed.greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 07/06/18 14:21, Sudhir Khanger wrote:
>>> I was indeed talking about connecting the phone via a USB cable which doesn't work.
>>> I will be more precise next time :).
>>>
>>> KDE Connect has a bug on Android Oreo which makes it unreliable. Half of the time
>>> it doesn't work.
>>>
>>> https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kdeconnect/2018-May/003850.html
>>
>> OK...
>>
>> FWIW, this problem you're having seems similar to my problem and Android 8.  I have
>> just connected those Android 8 devices to a Virtual Machine running GNOME and F28 and
>> it works just fine.
>>
>> So, the problem seems to be KDE specific and not libmtp.
>>
>> I am using Android 8, I think that is Oreo, and KDE connect works just fine for me.
>> But thanks for the link.
>>

> FWIW: I've got a device with Oreo (XZ1 Compact), and had problems
> transferring over USB using KDE, Dolphin and virtual filesystems.
> Here's what I found works:
>
> Connect phone.
>
> Choose transfer files option on phone (it should present you the USB
> mode menu as an overlay, if not, pick it from the notifications)
>
> Ignore the notification and option to open device there. (Basically,
> KDE's communication seems to confuse things and cause the
> charge/transfer files option to reset.)
>
> Open Dolphin and select the device, you should see device storage and
> SD card if there is one. Check that transfer files is still selected
> on the phone.
>
> To copy files, open the source/destination directory as another tab in
> Dolphin (right click on the location in the left panel and open as new
> tab, then navigate to the desired location). Copying between windows
> fails for some reason, but between tabs seems to work for me. If
> you've got the destination directory open in one tab, then from the
> other tab drag your files/directories to copy to the other tab's name
> at the top and drop onto that.

Oh, I can get to the point where I see the "device storage" and "SD Card" and I can
get a list of folders on them.  But as soon as I go to open a folder the dolphin
window goes blank and at the top of the window in red it says "mtp protocol died
unexpectedly".

--
Conjecture is just a conclusion based on incomplete information. It isn't a fact.