Re: Are you able to mount your Android devices in the Dolphin?

On 6 July 2018 at 08:02, Ed Greshko <ed.greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 07/06/18 14:21, Sudhir Khanger wrote:
>> I was indeed talking about connecting the phone via a USB cable which doesn't work.
>> I will be more precise next time :).
>>
>> KDE Connect has a bug on Android Oreo which makes it unreliable. Half of the time
>> it doesn't work.
>>
>> https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kdeconnect/2018-May/003850.html
>

> OK...
>
> FWIW, this problem you're having seems similar to my problem and Android 8.  I have
> just connected those Android 8 devices to a Virtual Machine running GNOME and F28 and
> it works just fine.
>
> So, the problem seems to be KDE specific and not libmtp.
>
> I am using Android 8, I think that is Oreo, and KDE connect works just fine for me.
> But thanks for the link.

FWIW: I've got a device with Oreo (XZ1 Compact), and had problems
transferring over USB using KDE, Dolphin and virtual filesystems.
Here's what I found works:

Connect phone.

Choose transfer files option on phone (it should present you the USB
mode menu as an overlay, if not, pick it from the notifications)

Ignore the notification and option to open device there. (Basically,
KDE's communication seems to confuse things and cause the
charge/transfer files option to reset.)

Open Dolphin and select the device, you should see device storage and
SD card if there is one. Check that transfer files is still selected
on the phone.

To copy files, open the source/destination directory as another tab in
Dolphin (right click on the location in the left panel and open as new
tab, then navigate to the desired location). Copying between windows
fails for some reason, but between tabs seems to work for me. If
you've got the destination directory open in one tab, then from the
other tab drag your files/directories to copy to the other tab's name
at the top and drop onto that.

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk