Re: Are you able to mount your Android devices in the Dolphin?

On 07/06/18 15:32, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 06.07.2018 um 02:02 schrieb Ed Greshko:

> >> you are annoying as always - kdeconnect don't work without the
> >> app on the smartphone - what people are talking about in this
> >> thread is plug the phone and mount it from the notifier
>
> > I did not know that mailing list guidelines restrict someone from
> > offering an alternate solution.
>
> than mark it as such and make clear that it needs WiFi as well as an
> app on the device when the thread is clearly about "I wonder if you
> guys are able to get usb access to your Android devices" because
> otherwise people install "kde-connect" and wonder hwat this stuff is
> supposed to do and how

You meant "then mark".

When was the last time you saw an Android device without Wifi?

Surely anyone installing kde-connect would do a "dnf info" and find...

Description  : KDE Connect adds communication between KDE and your smartphone.
             :
             : Currently, you can pair with your Android devices over Wifi using
             : the KDE Connect 1.0 app from Albert Vaka which you can obtain via
             : Google Play, F-Droid or the project website.

to learn they need to install an app on their device.

Anyway, enough with the pissy fit.

As I mentioned in another post....

USB access to Android devices running Android 7 works just fine for me in KDE.  USB
access to Android devices running Android 8 (Oreo) fails in KDE but works just fine
in GNOME.  Suggestions as to what information to collect for a suitable bugzilla are
welcome.

--
Conjecture is just a conclusion based on incomplete information. It isn't a fact.