Re: Usability issue, newly installed Fedora KDE plasma

On 09/29/17 09:32, Steven Haigh wrote:
> On Friday, 29 September 2017 9:58:14 AM AEST Ed Greshko wrote:
>> On 09/29/17 03:18, Morten W. Petersen wrote:
>>> I recently decided to try out Fedora, and installed it on my desktop
>>> computer.  It has multiple sound cards, and I blogged about the
>>> process here:
>>>
>>> http://blogologue.com/frames?url=http://blogologue.com/blog_entry?id=15061
>>> 68845X29
>>>
>>> Today I looked around in the system settings menu, and found that I
>>> could set the preferred sound device there.
>>>
>>> Wouldn't it be a bit easier for a novice user to configure the
>>> preferred sound device from the sound panel in the taskbar?  At least
>>> to begin with.
>>>
>>> And sound settings is easier to understand than "multimedia".
>> If you must use nVidia drivers there is a much easier way to do it than you
>> write about in your blog.  The fine folks over at RPMfusion have made it as
>> simply enabling their repositories and typing "dnf install akmod-nvidia"
>> for all the newer generation cards.
> Are the RPMFusion drivers still way behind?

Define "way behind".   They are at version 375.66-3.   And 384.90-1 is in
updates-testing.

> I raised this a while back and was told that they're not going to update until
> audio over HDMI was fixed or similar...

Audion over HDMI is working just fine for me.  I don't use it much since the builtin
speakers on my monitors aren't as good as my Bose speakers connected to my sound card.

> For this reason, I used the negitivo repo for nVidia drivers - as I don't use
> any HDMI ports - or audio over them.

Another option.   Whatever works for you.

--
Fedora Users List - The place to go to speculate endlessly