Re: Usability issue, newly installed Fedora KDE plasma

On 09/29/17 03:18, Morten W. Petersen wrote:
> I recently decided to try out Fedora, and installed it on my desktop
> computer.  It has multiple sound cards, and I blogged about the
> process here:
>
> http://blogologue.com/frames?url=http://blogologue.com/blog_entry?id=1506168845X29
>
> Today I looked around in the system settings menu, and found that I
> could set the preferred sound device there.
>
> Wouldn't it be a bit easier for a novice user to configure the
> preferred sound device from the sound panel in the taskbar?  At least
> to begin with.
>
> And sound settings is easier to understand than "multimedia".

If you must use nVidia drivers there is a much easier way to do it than you write
about in your blog.  The fine folks over at RPMfusion have made it as simply enabling
their repositories and typing "dnf install akmod-nvidia" for all the newer generation
cards.

The "preferred" sound card can easily be accessed in F26 from the taskbar.  Clicking
on the speaker icon will show "Playback Devices" and the "hamburger" icon brings up a
menu to select the default device.  This is the same in all distros since this all
comes from kde.org.

--
Fedora Users List - The place to go to speculate endlessly