Re: problem placing pager in F26 KDE

On Thu, 27 Jul 2017 13:48:21 +0800, Ed Greshko <ed.greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well, I normally keep my pager on the left side.
>
> I don't like to change me everyday configuration.  But I have a VM and tried to
> recreate your problem and I could not.  The pager stays firmly anchored to the right
> hand side of the desktop just above the digital clock.
>
> This is what it looks like for me.  Is this what you expect?
> http://tinyurl.com/ycqcx8v6

Thanks for checking!

In your image, the pager isn't all the way to the right; it's not really
above the digital clock. (Actually, it doesn't seem possible to put the
pager right up against any of the edges, which I don't really understand.)  I
would like to have it sitting all the way in the lower right corner (touching
the right edge and top of the panel).  I found that I could move it about 7/8
of the way to the right edge and it would stay there, so I'm not sure from the
image whether yours is just doing that, or would stay as far to the right as
you can get it.  I'm trying to get something like this to be stable across
logins: http://ext.math.umass.edu/~avrunin/Screenshot_20170727_163024.png

As you can see, I keep mine bigger than the one in your image, but I
tried moving a small one to the right and it was in the lower left corner
when I logged in next.   I would assume this was just some problem with my
configuration, but it happened with a brand new scratch user, too.