Re: problem placing pager in F26 KDE

On 07/27/2017 12:06 AM, George Avrunin wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 13:05:34 -0400, George Avrunin <avrunin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>> I have a fully-updated Fedora 26 machine and I use 12 desktops in 4 rows of
>> 3, with the pager sitting just above the (bottom) panel in the lower
>> right corner of the screen.  This arrangement has worked in KDE for a long
>> time (and I've had a pager in the lower right corner since I was using fvwm a
>> long time ago, so I want to keep it here).
>>
>> But since I upgraded to F26 (using "dnf system-upgrade"), I've had trouble
>> keeping the pager in that location.  It seems to want to be in the lower
>> left.  Initially, I couldn't even move it more than about 7/8 to the right
>> along the panel; if I went farther than that, the pager would just snap back
>> to the lower left corner.  And though I could move it to the right edge if I
>> kept it far enough above the panel, when I started to move it down, it would
>> shrink to a minuscule size.
>>
>> After killing off the instance of the pager that was running, I've been able
>> to get a new instance to move most of the way into the lower right corner and
>> stay there until I log out.  But whenever I log back in, the pager has moved
>> to the lower left corner (even if I lock before logging off widgets).
>>
>> I've created a new user on two different machines and seen the same
>> behavior.  A web search didn't turn up any indication of changes in the pager
>> that would affect its location or any other reports of this sort of problem.
>>
>> Does anybody know what's going on?  Or how I can get more information?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>>   George
> From the lack of response, I guess nobody else is having this problem.  I've
> now also tried moving the panel to a different edge, with no change in
> behavior.
>
> I have filed bug 382759 at bugs.kde.org.

Well, I normally keep my pager on the left side.

I don't like to change me everyday configuration.  But I have a VM and tried to
recreate your problem and I could not.  The pager stays firmly anchored to the right
hand side of the desktop just above the digital clock.

This is what it looks like for me.  Is this what you expect?
http://tinyurl.com/ycqcx8v6

--
Fedora Users List - The place to go to speculate endlessly