Re: Fedora/KDE boot graphics

Am 24.07.2016 um 07:49 schrieb Felix Miata:
So what is it that makes Breeze a "nice addition"?

some people hope that drive linux desktops in the direction of OSX or Windows will bring a better marketshare - the opposite is true - we don't need a imitation of bad systems otherwise we could use them directly

these days there are even people willing to *sacrifice the whole ecosystem* like on devel a core gnome maintainer even proposed if upstream asks for it he supports even to remove the fedora rpm and point to the upstream flatpack

Betreff: Re: Fedora development of Snap packages
Datum: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 15:02:29 -0500
Von: Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro@xxxxxxxxx>
Antwort an: Development discussions related to Fedora <devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> An: Development discussions related to Fedora <devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

On Tue, 2016-06-14 at 15:40 -0400, Ben Rosser wrote:
> This is a slight tangent, but by "remove Fedora packages", do you
> mean
> actually remove them from the distribution entirely or simply not
> show the
> packaged version in e.g. GNOME Software in favor of the upstream
> Flatpak?
> The latter makes sense to me, the former seems potentially
> controversial.

I was thinking remove the Fedora package. What's the point in
maintaining a secret Fedora package for a graphical app, when we're
going to be presenting a different version of that app to users? And as
Josh says, this would also create confusion regarding where to report
bugs, and also confusion when users have two different sets of bugs
depending on whether you use a Fedora package or the upstream Flatpak.
But maybe we will need to keep the Fedora packages to support spins,
e.g. we probably don't want to start removing packages before KDE grows
support for Flatpaks in its graphical installer.