Re: session restore broken?

Am 08.05.2016 um 13:48 schrieb Timothy Murphy:
Reindl Harald wrote:

as far as i am everyone i cleanly quit every application before logoff
and even reboot in a VT and not from the GUI - well, i sync all my data
and userhome with a script between the locations where i work followed
by a && poweroff

I never logout on my laptop - I just close the lid and so suspend.
Is that unusual/unwise?

when it works on your hardware relieable it's perfect and way better than a sick try to close all applications and not only start them but also at the same state as before

the sync script in my case is because that way i don't need to carry a pesky and slow notebook with me and instead have everywhere a machine with hrsepower, RAID10 disks and a 27" screen

i worked from 2003-2011 *only* on notebooks and have enough of the slow, loud crap with limited power for the rest of my life, for every "mobile need" a large smartphone is enough and anything else can wait until i am at home or in the office - they also had to wait when i am somewhere between and having a notebook by me in 999 out of 1000 cases