Re: F24 - kdepim question

On 07/05/2016 18:17, José Matos wrote:
On Friday, May 6, 2016 9:17:07 PM WEST Colin J Thomson wrote:
As it stands on every mail check old messages along with new are
re-downloaded and in
turn these are older ones are ghost messages so I cannot read or delete
them.
Over an evening, well an hour or so I had hundreds of dupes/ghost emails
in my various
folders making Kmail totally unusable :-(

:-(

I have different providers with different mail servers. One of the providers runs cyrus-imap and another has an outlook server. No problems on any of them.
:-)

That's good to know, hopefully that will narrow things down,

However... with Gmail's IMAP it is working Extremely well indeed.

I agree, that was one of the places where I noticed a noticeable speed
improvement. Congratulation to Daniel and co.

+1

For the time being I will use Webmail for my ISP's IMAP and search
kde.bugs for reports
as I have seen this problem or similar posted on other forums.

Maybe 16.04 has fixes.. need to look out the changelog.

OK from what I have read, the changelog from 15.08 to 16.04 especially
PIM wise is huge:

https://www.kde.org/announcements/fulllog_applications.php?version=16.04.0

So I will hold off digging too deep on kde.bugs for now :)

Thanks for you comments José, nice to get other PIM users experiences.

Regards

Colin
--
Roundcube open source webmail software