Re: Kmail and KWallet not working together

Armelius Cameron wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 2:44 PM, Rex Dieter <rdieter@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Armelius Cameron wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> After my last upgrade, Kmail/Kontact and Kwallet are not working
>>> together correctly.
>
>> It sounds like you're confusing this a little.
>>
>> You have 2 kwallets, one for kde4 apps (like kmail), one for kf5 apps.
>>
>> kmail is a kde4 application, so to query the kde4 kwallet, use
>> kwalletmanager
>>
>> kwalletmanager5 is for the kf5 kwallet.
>
> Yes, you're right. I just realized that.
>
> Now the weird thing is that somehow all my IMAP & SMTP passwords are
> now in kf5 wallet.
>
> My KDE 4 wallet is now empty, yet kwalletmanager(4) listed Kontacs,
> Kmail, Google Calendar, etc in connected applications or application
> authorized to access.
>
> How is this possible ?
> So I guess something moved KDE4 kwallet to KF5 Kwallet and delete the
> KDE4 Kwallet

I don't know, but my understanding of migration is that it only supposed to
copy content, but not modify or delete the original (anything else is indeed
arguably a bug).

I don't know how to get it back to the way it was, short of something like
restoring from a backup.

-- Rex