Re: Creating a LiveKDE USB stick

Make sure that you haven't overwritten the MBR. You will need to copy
the boot bin info via DD. That's bitten me many of times on USB Keys.

On 12/22/15 11:00, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Eric Griffith wrote:
>
>> It should not matter which ISO you are using, at least not for desktop
>> environment, unless the KDE spin is doing something crazy at the low
>> levels of the stack. Using the Gnome instructions should work fine, but if
>> you copy-paste said instructions then we can sanity-check them.
>
>>> Incidentally, all the information I have seen on CentOS USB sticks
>>> assume one is running GNOME.
>>> Is there any specific KDE documentation on this?
>
> The document I was specifically referring to is
> <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_and_use_Live_USB>
> which as I said assumes one is running Gnome.
>
> Here are the explicit instructions:
>
> 1. Download a Fedora image, choose a USB stick
>     that does not contain any data you need, and connect it
> 2. Run Nautilus (Files) - for instance, open the Overview
>     by pressing the Start/Super key, and type Files, then hit enter
> 3. Find the downloaded image, right-click on it, go to Open With,
>     and click Disk Image Writer
> 4. Double-check you're really, really sure you don't need
>     any of the data on the USB stick!
> 5. Select your USB stick as the Destination, and click Start Restoring...
> 6. Wait for the operation to complete, then reboot your computer,
>     and do whatever you need to do to boot from a USB stick -
>     often this will involve pressing or holding down F12, F2 or Del.

The information contained in this transmission contains privileged and confidential information. It is intended only for the use of the person named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

CAUTION: Intended recipients should NOT use email communication for emergent or urgent health care matters.