Re: Plasma - any hope for my laptop?

Am 06.10.2015 um 15:37 schrieb Rex Dieter:
Gerald B. Cox wrote:

Here is the bottom line about Plasma5 .... you can't have something which
has freezing, display issues

Does it make any difference to you than a large majority of the issues
weren't actually kde ones, but bugs in other components of the graphics
stack?

If not, then I guess we can agree to disagree on that point (on whether
plasma5 was "ready for prime-time" or not)

it does not make any difference for a suer when he is coming from a perfectly smooth and stable F21/KDE4 to a non working F22/KDE5 and shows only that KDE5 should never ever had made it into Fedora at the moment

if your desktop don't work proper, crashs, is slow and lacks features you really don't care what piece of software is responsible, KDE can't publish software rely on components which don't play together and sell that as improvement

honestly i hear the excuse "we now broke things to develop for the future where all will work" way too long - what we need as users is software *for now* and not for a unknown point in time