Re: kde on sl6 - can't find it

On 13/04/13 17:44, Kevin Kofler wrote:
John Pilkington wrote:
Thank you for that suggestion.  Unfortunately /etc/kde/kdm contains only
files dated 2010 and earlier, and no .rpmnew.

I did 'yum reinstall kdm', but nothing seems to have changed.

It looks (from the followups) like your problem was actually somewhere
different, but for the record, kdmrc is in kde-settings-kdm in Fedora
packaging (and I think also in Rex's EL packaging, not sure about the older
default EL6 packages), so that's the package you want to reinstall, not kdm.

         Kevin Kofler

Thank you.  That seems to have fixed it.

kde-settings-kdm shows in yumex as being from sl/6.1 and does contain kdmrc. I did yum reinstall kde-settings-kdm; there was no kdmrc.rpmnew.

Enabled and started sshd; logout and login gave kde desktop. Reboot did too. sshd is still enabled and running. So, in general, back to normal... but with kde 4.10.2, Qt 4.8.4 and sl 6.4

----

TTBOMK smart never caused me any serious harm - although this thread might provide evidence to the contrary. Certainly it finds it difficult to cope with the number of packages in f17 and sometimes has to be killed, or drip-fed. But it tells me what I have installed, where the files are... and I'm used to it. yumex looks fairly friendly and at present my main gripe is that repo selection seems volatile. Group operations with yum are certainly effective.

John P