Re: iphone and amarok on F14

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> How all this stuff fits together is a mystery which may be elucidated in
> the HAL or FDI documentation, but not in an obvious way. It's ironic
> that this whole apparatus is supposed to make it easy to adapt Linux to
> new devices by changing config files, but is so hard to understand.
> What's needed is a Dummies Guide to tell the average user what to do.

Well, it's supposed to just work, those files are not intended to be edited
by the end user, so there's no documentation telling users how to edit them.
The problem is that even for a developer like me it's often hard to figure
out what I need to put in those files (I often end up looking at other
packages and/or source code). IMHO more documentation would help.

        Kevin Kofler