File a bug against what?

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 7:37 AM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
>> Yes. Only KDE3 applications crash on exit. Many of them crash.
>> Exceptions that I found are kile, konversation.
>
> What I meant was: are there other KDE 3 apps (than K3b and Kaffeine)
> crashing? If so, which ones?

I narrowed this down to KDE3 applications which link to ffmpeg.
For instance, when I removed the k3b-extras-freeworld package, k3b
stopped crashing on exit. Reinstalling the freeworld package brought
back the crashes.
Again, this is only KDE3 applications. non-KDE3 application that link
to ffmpeg do not crash.

>> If its upstream doesn't care about the version X anymore, it is my
>> responsibility (as a power user and a packager) to tell them that they
>> are doing wrong. I do think that reverting F-11 to KDE3 would be a
>> striking lesson to upstream.
>
> I think it would be stupid, KDE 4 is now getting all the new features, it
> already has cool features KDE 3 doesn't have (Marble is great, for
> example).

Marble is great. OK. But that is not a good example to show that KDE4 is better.
I'm talking about very basic tasks. KDE4 fails to carry out very very
basic things. Check:

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/fedora-kde/2009-January/000612.html

That one is bizarre and so easy to reproduce. Just resize the panel.
There are so many other little things KDE4 fails to carry out
properly, that finally made me ask myself: Why am I torturing myself?
KDE4.2 should have been called KDE4.0alpha or something.

>> I really have no other choice right now. I do not think the supported
>> hardware vendors will donate me a 200$ graphics card.
>
> You can buy a Radeon which works with the Free radeon driver for less than
> 40 USD. I see a PCI-Express Radeon X1550 (r5xx series, should be supported
> by the Free 3D drivers since Fedora 9 updates) selling for 15 EUR
> (including taxes) in Austria, that's below 20 USD.
>
>        Kevin Kofler

A 40$ radeon card won't have the capabilities of my card.

Orcan