Kontact from 4.1.96

On Tuesday 20 January 2009 8:32:17 am Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Monday 19 January 2009 23:00:40 Allen Winter wrote:
> > On Monday 19 January 2009 2:54:34 pm Anne Wilson wrote:
> > > I've just updated my netbook with kde-testing enabled, and see some
> > > rather odd and interesting changes.
> > >

> > > Addressbookn (4.1) - when accessed from kontact there is no Crypto tab on
> > > the edit page.  Running KAddressbook from krunner, the Crypto tab is
> > > present.
> >
> > I fixed this the other day.  So will be fixed in 4.2.0
> >
> Thanks for that.
>
> > > Can someone please remind me where I can turn off the icon on calendar
> > > entries?  I need the space.
> >
> > I think the mean the reminder daemon icon..  turn it off by going into
> > the Calendar settings, General page.  you'll see a System Tray tab there.
> > Then de-select the "Show Reminder Daemon in the System Tray".
> >
> No, sorry.  I didn't describe that well enough.  It's the icon on the events
> in korganizer.  I have turned it off on this laptop, so that I can read at
> least part of the event name, but I can't remember how to do that.  My default
> view is Month, so there isn't much space.  Currently I see an icon and just
> one letter of the event title (this is on the netbook).
>
> Similarly, I turned off text below the icons for kontact on this laptop, but
> can't remember where that happens, either.
>
> Once I've found those I'll write them up on UserBase.  I think maybe we are
> going to need a section on reclaiming space for small screens, such as
> netbooks.

Anne,

Under the Views configuration, you'll find tabs for the various calendar views.
You can turn-off icons in monthview.  But for some reason we never implemented
turn-off icons in agendaview.  I put this on my todo list for 4.3.

In general, you are correct that we need to redesign a lot of dialogs and other stuff
for the small form-factor devices.

-Allen