Re: Lot of snapshots in AWS Sydney region

On 7/12/23 19:03, Miroslav Suchý wrote:
> Dne 13. 07. 23 v 0:26 Dusty Mabe napsal(a):
>> If you say it's an issue then hopefully we can give this some priority and get to it soon.
>>
>> Removing the "old ones" isn't that easy to do. Our production AMIs and development AMIs are all mixed together so it would be hard to come up with a criteria without implementing the garbage collection I linked to above.
>
> But AWS will not allow you to delete snapshot that is associated with AMI (you said). So we can delete everything older
> than one year. And these that will errors are these that we still want to keep. So we will just ignore the errors.

Indeed. Thanks for clarifying. Yes that should be OK I think. though it would be good to test your process against a few
snapshots that back AMIs we know we don't care about first to make sure it fails. I tried in the web interface and it
wouldn't let me so I'm pretty sure that's the case.

Dusty