Re: Lot of snapshots in AWS Sydney region

Dne 05. 07. 23 v 21:17 Kevin Fenzi napsal(a):
On Mon, Jul 03, 2023 at 04:02:02PM +0200, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
On 03/07/2023 06:39, Miroslav Suchý wrote:
I was going through our spending in AWS and I found that we spent a lot
in Sydney region (?). In details most of the bill there is because of
stored snapshots. There is 7508 of them dated to back to 2013. For
volumes that does not exists any more.

Yeah, lets get the Fedora coreos folks to look, it seems like those are
their images. Perhaps they are making them, but not cleaning up old ones
in that region?

It has been week with no response (I know holiday season...). I will give it one more week. If no one raise a voice, I will create Recycle-bin rule that will automatically delete **ALL** volume snapshots older than one year. In ALL AWS regions where we have some snapshots. I will work on that next Monday.

If you need to preserve some snapshot longer than one year, please let me know.

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCA
Red Hat, Manager, Packit and CPT, #brno, #fedora-buildsys