Re: This list and discussion.fedoraproject.org

On 25-04-2023 23:21, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
As some of you who follow the devel list may know, Matthew put forward
the idea of starting to move some discussion over to
discussion.fedoraproject.org (our hosted dicourse instance) instead of
the mailing list.

For those of you who don't know:
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/thread/Z2T5WKUTHNLS2SVCVAWNYYRIBK3NGF32/
(and the long thread after it).

Please do read that. I'll wait.

I'm still wading through the backlog. But replies appear to come in quicker than time I currently have available reading.

ok. So, my question is:

Should we look at moving to discussion.fedoraproject.org instead of this
list? We have a tag there already.

I've personally setup discourse to email me things, so it actually ends
up being very similar to a list, with a few corner cases. I'm happy to
help anyone who has trouble with that setup.

Thoughts?

I think the infrastructure list is sufficiently low volume and usually read by people knowledgeable enough to sort stuff out or ask for help in the proper channels, making it a good guinea pig.

Having said that, one major thing that's not quite clear to me yet, is how to start threads by e-mail. I believe that's currently not possible and I don't like switching back and forth between two interfaces. But with the low volume and me generally being a reader, rather than a poster, I'll manage for the time being.

-- Sandro