Re: Shared Redis instance

> - You'll need to share the same redis password across several projects.

Redis does have users and permissions, at least from a quick look at
their docs: https://docs.redis.com/latest/rc/security/database-security/passwords-users-roles/

> - Since you'll use an emptyDir (in-memory storage), every restart will flush the cache for all connected applications.

I was thinking of running Redis in a VM, not in OpenShift. Sorry if
that wasn't clear in my initial message.

> - Applications owners lose control over the redis instance in case they want to do some fancy stuff with it, or just general debugging.

True.

> It avoids a single point of failure for a bunch of services.

Right, but that's what our PostgreSQL host is at the moment already.

> Contention/resource problems. (ie, one app is hammering the shared instance and starving other apps for resources).

True, true.

OK, that makes sense. The good thing about having a central Redis DB
was, in my mind, to have persistent storage. What happens if I store a
lot of data in the Redis Openshift pod? Won't that hit a memory limit?
I think our current usage of Redis has been pubsub and light cache,
but we haven't stored a lot of data in there yet.