Re: planet

On Wed, Jul 27, 2022 11:26:34 -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 21, 2022 at 11:45:31AM -0000, Pedro Moura wrote:
> > Hi everyone. I was taking a look at this and trying to migrate
> > Fedora Planet to pluto and have some questions.
> >
> > Some things in pluto are not done yet, for example getting the
> > author is something marked as "to be done" in the documentation
> > https://feedreader.github.io/#planet-planet--pluto---template-cheatsheet-1
> > and even some pluto standard templates are still a WIP
> > (https://github.com/orgs/planet-templates/repositories).

Could you clarify what is meant by the "author"? The name of the
blog/site? That's given by `item.feed.title`, see here:

https://github.com/neurofedora/planet-neuroscientists/blob/master/neuroscience/planet.neuroscience.html.erb#L79

> > Even with those limitations, I searched if there was a way to get
> > the same info we have using venus, but nothing seems to work.
> > Fedora Planet and its sub planets have their own distinct template,
> > but not being able to "translate" every variable to pluto or
> > changing to any standard pluto template, would make a lot of changes
> > in the website.
>
> I think we are open to changes here as long as they are reasonable ones.
> Not having author is pretty major sounding though. ;(
>
> Can any of the neuro folks provide some help here?
>
> > The Neuro SIG used a standard pluto template called forty and did
> > some customization. Should we do the same with Fedora Planet?
>
> Yeah, thats fine as long as we can still have things like author and
> such. Perhaps it would be worth trying to get it to do a few feeds and
> we can all look at it?

Yeh, our template is a rather simple customisation of one of the examples.

I remember we'd also looked into OpenSUSE's planet instance, which is a
more complex deployment (uses Jekyll etc. IIRC). That may be a better
starting point?

https://github.com/openSUSE/planet-o-o
https://planet.opensuse.org/

--