Re: planet

On Thu, Jul 21, 2022 at 11:45:31AM -0000, Pedro Moura wrote:
> Hi everyone. I was taking a look at this and trying to migrate Fedora Planet to pluto and have some questions.
>
> Some things in pluto are not done yet, for example getting the author is something marked as "to be done" in the documentation  https://feedreader.github.io/#planet-planet--pluto---template-cheatsheet-1 and even some pluto standard templates are still a WIP (https://github.com/orgs/planet-templates/repositories).
> Even with those limitations, I searched if there was a way to get the same info we have using venus, but nothing seems to work.
> Fedora Planet and its sub planets have their own distinct template, but not being able to "translate" every variable to pluto or changing to any standard pluto template, would make a lot of changes in the website.

I think we are open to changes here as long as they are reasonable ones.
Not having author is pretty major sounding though. ;(

Can any of the neuro folks provide some help here?

> The Neuro SIG used a standard pluto template called forty and did some customization. Should we do the same with Fedora Planet?

Yeah, thats fine as long as we can still have things like author and
such. Perhaps it would be worth trying to get it to do a few feeds and
we can all look at it?

> Could we keep Fedora Planet with venus for now and just work to put it in openshift?

I don't think we want to do that. We should wait for pluto before moving
to openshift.

> Or should we follow any other path Kevin proposed?

I'd say perhaps try and get pluto working with just a few feeds and we
can see how it looks like? Then, we can work on the part where it pulls
the feeds from the account system, then after that, we can look at
putting it in openshift.

Just my thoughts...

kevin