Re: planet

Dne 01. 03. 22 v 22:28 Kevin Fenzi napsal(a):
So, I can think of a number of options and would love everyone who has
thoughts on it to chime in:
Thank you for kicking this off.
2. Switch to pluto and use account system 'website' fields of
contributors. We could likely shove it in openshift and serve it
directly from there to avoid fedorapeople entirely.
(This would likely break anyone who has multiple feeds in there)

+1

But I would either rename the website field to RSSfeed or add new column with this name.

In my case the website is

http://miroslav.suchy.cz/

but the RSS feed point to (just one category of my blog)

http://miroslav.suchy.cz/blog/archives/fedora/index.html

4. Planets are old and tired, just drop the entire thing. People can
maintain their own rss lists.

-1

People can maintain their list, but it require effort. And sooner or later you give up.

And I get nice feedback on my post almost every time it is propagated by Planet.

5. Planets are old and tired, just drop the entire thing.
But also, get our social media people to maintain contributor /
interesting lists. ie, the fedoraproject twitter account could maintain
a list of 'fedora contributors' and 'fedora packagers' or whatever.
-1 see above.
6. Switch to pluto as in 2, but also setup some curators. Have a
'firehose' of all feeds, but the main fedora planet would be just
curated things that are known to be related to fedora and not off topic
or unrelated.

I am afraid of that "curated" as it requires "somebody".

6. Get someones (not it!) to take in all the
twitter/facebook/mastodon/blog posts/rss feeds and post some kind of
curated round up every week or something.

-1

let use the manpower somewhere else.

Miroslav