Re: Upcoming fedoraproject Datacenter move reminder and plans

Il 02/06/20 18:40, Kevin Fenzi ha scritto:
> 2020-06-08 mon: Our fedora-messaging bus and gateways to it
> (github2fedmsg, bugzilla2fedmsg), mirrormanager, product definition
> center (pdc), and our identity and authentication systems. Messages over our
> message bus may be slow or missing and users may be unable to login at
> various times as we migrate services over.
>
> Additionally, we will be stopping services that will not be back until
> later in the month.
> These include:
>   * Fedocal
>   * Badges
>   * Nuancier
>   * koschei
>   * simple-koji-ci
>   * All staging services (*.stg.fedoraproject.org)
>
> 2020-06-09 tue: The build and packaging ecosystem. This includes koji,
> src.fedoraproject.org, osbs, odcs, container registries, bodhi (updates
> system). During this day maintainers should avoid builds/updates if at
> all possible as they may or may not work at various times.

Since Bodhi heavy relies on messages on fedora-messaging bus to do
nearly all its things, I think it would be better to bring it down the
day before. Missing messages would mean updates not moved on, builds not
correctly tagged, etc, so it may worth stopping users from creating new
updates while fedora-messaging is down.

Mattia